Global Sourcing and Product Development
Monarch Brands is looking for experts in sourcing and product development. Our areas of focus are in Home Textiles, Hospitality Textiles, and Commercial Cleaning Products. Our goal is to expand our product offering by adding experts in product development in areas that complement our existing product line marketing to the same customer base. Areas of expertise can include hard retail goods, commercial cleaning items, and/or delivery systems, hospitality products, etc. We are interested in finding candidates who have had a track record of success in complementary areas, o progress a natural extension of our current offerings. With national reach into Jan/ San and Retail distribution and international sourcing expertise, our approach seeks out experts in complementary lines to help build our value to existing customers.
If you consider yourself an “expert” in complementary lines to ours and want to help build our line and business within an extensive distribution channel, this position is for you!
Product Line Expansion
- Monitor market trends to determine new and alternative SKUs to launch.
- Work with the new product development team to discover, research, develop, deploy, and market new products for-sale across all channels.
- Create vendor specification sheets for products identified as profitable by the team.
- Oversee product testing throughout new product development and production.
- Prepare RFP for vendor completion.
Vendor management and relationship development
- Own vendor relationships in designated product verticals.
- Identify, establish, and manage off-shore manufacturers.
- Improve forecasting through analysis of customer base trends and new market opportunities.
- Identify profitable new opportunities presented by new vendor partnerships.
- Lead the purchasing function. Manage the RFP process, negotiating favorable terms and timelines.
- Lead annual/bi-annual meetings with vendors to review purchasing, pricing, trends, rebates & savings.
- Identify cost savings across the organization.
Bachelor’s degree plus two-to-five years of previous sourcing/production experience in a textile wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment, preferably home goods, hospitality textiles, and cleaning supplies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Deadline-driven with a strong sense of urgency.
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office, especially Excel.
- Fluency (or working knowledge of) foreign languages in countries we do business with is a plus.